As said in the earlier article, Aadhaar card is the most important government identity proof. Your Aadhaar number not only helps in your identification but it also helps in applying a new passport, loan, opening a new bank account, etc.
But sometimes we require to update the information in our Aadhaar card. But are not aware how to change the details. The most common problem of the people is their Photo on their Aadhaar card.
If you don’t like your photograph on your Aadhaar card or want to change it then you can follow these steps:
There are two ways to update your photo. One is through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) and the other by visiting the Aadhaar Enrollment Centre.
- Visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrollment Centre/ Aadhaar Sewa Kendra
- Download the Aadhaar Enrollment form from UIDAI’s website
- Fill the form with due diligence
- Submit your form to the executive and provide your biometric details
- Now the executive will take your live photograph
- You will have to provide biometrics to approve your details
- A fee of ₹ 25 + GST will have to be paid to get the details updated
- You will get an Acknowledgement slip containing the URN
- The Update Request Number (URN) can be used to check the update status
Now download your updated Aadhaar card:
Once your request to change photo in Aadhar is processed, you can download the updated Aadhaar card online.
Read More:- Rreprint your Aadhaar Card Online
You have to visit the UIDAI Portal to download the updated Aadhaar card.
You can choose to download a normal Aadhaar card or masked Aadhaar card.
You will also have to refresh your Aadhaar details in the mAadhaar app after update
Aadhaar data has to be updated in the Digi Locker app as well.